Friday, October 27, 2006

The Fantum Fam

Since most of the folks who read my blogs are family, and others who nearly always drop by my posts seem like family (Hi there, Carol Anne), I'll speak like family and call us all out for our lazy ways.

Barb (Iris Blue, Mom, Grandma K, Sweetheart) said to me yesterday, "Our whole family has just quit blogging." It's true. Last night I read something Scott (Tall Penguin) recently posted, and an email that Mark (Ninja) sent me saying he was looking for new postings from me but finding none. Favorite daughter-in-law Rhonda (Lazo land) did phone to tell us she got a new phone and emailed Barb a photo from it to see if it worked right, but the whole fam damily have been strangely silent in the blogosphere of late.

I can't speak for the others, but I have no excuse. Sure, I've been busy--busier than I need to be, really--but we probably all have been. I think we all write more on our summer breaks when the livin' is easy, and there comes a time in the middle of autumn, about now, when things we began in September snowball on us, and we just quit blogging for awhile. I doubt this is a permanent condition; however, I do suspect it's an annual one. Looking back at last fall with all the hurricanes, I didn't blog as much as I had that summe either.

Whatever's keeping us from the flow and fun of sounding off, I hope it diminishes so we can wax eloquent again soon. I hope to write up a storm by Christmas at the latest, and hopefully before. This is a fun time of year, and we need to blog about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's true. I keep checking everyone else's blogs and nothing new. I even check mine to see if I've somehow uploaded something in my sleep and just forgot about it.
-R

Big Penguin said...

Good Call! At first I'm thinking "I don't have anything to blog about. I get up every day, got to school, come home long enough to sleep, then get up again and do it all over again."

After thinking about it, I realize it's those little stories that happen during our routine days that color our lives.... When I stop and think about it I've got TONS to blog about

Blogosphere, here I come!

Pat said...

Carol Anne has some decent excuses:
Sailing the past few weekends in a row, with the gooseneck pins and gooseneck breaking last weekend on her racing boat. Fixing stuff on her boat ... installing a new vang and blocks, new mainsheet, replacing broken floorboard supports with temporary supports, etc. Writing "Murder at the Yacht Club" for National Novel Writing Month. Teaching. Exercising. Recruiting crew. Putting up with me and "Tadpole".